Saturday 23 April 2016

OPTIMISTIC SPRINKLE

  You know how it can be difficult to be aware of and feel your own progress when you are living your own life day to day? You fear you are running in place. Well nobody should ever feel alone in that, I'VE been there and still struggle with it at times. However this month has been a whirlwind of new experiences and progression that has proved to be scary and overwhelming but also new and exciting!My EP, 'Bending Hearts', is officially out and ready for eager ears. It's available on my website under the music tab.http://www.johannawinkel.com/ it's my baby so I've been wicked excited about it but truthfully not quite as excited as I am about this next EP that I am in the process of mixing now. I am calling it 'Shadow'. My 'Shadow' EP is one of heartbreak, confusion, pain, inspiration, new love, strength and self discovery. My goal is to have it out within the next months time!Another recent exciting development is I have my very own Publicist now, WOW?!

 Her name is Tracy Lamourie of Lamourie Public Relations, I met her through my wonderful manager Mark Rosner of Rosner Management.I have been stretched out of my comfort zone and it feels fantastic! Working together with her now to really get myself out there in every avenue for my talents and passions. I will be featured in two magazines coming up, more on that as it develops in the near future, also crowd funding and hopefully late summer tour!I am so very grateful to both Tracy and Mark and I know this is going to be an exciting year.Speaking of Mark Rosner, he is developing this new network called Music Sponsors Network and I feel honored to now be a part of it. It's brilliant and going to help many artists including myself.

 More on that later as it reveals.Now bouncing over to the acting performance part of my carreer!I have a couple of indie films coming out this year. One of which is called 'Max And Chase' which I recently took a trip to St. Louis to do some ADR work for. ADR is where you go into a studio and watch yourself on a screen in a scene and re-record your dialogue in the studio that didn't record very well live on the actual shoot date.((I hope that made sense??))  heheI have always been one who has extraordinary attention to detail and I am definitely a perfectionist so this was a challenging and awesome experience.

 As you watch yourself you really have to put yourself back into that scene, that moment, that world, that day, and make it as real as you can for both yourself and the audience, who will eventually be watching the film. The last thing you would want is for anyone to pick out that your voice doesn't sound terribly authentic in one particular scene. There was sweat and tears but I feel I executed it to the best of my ability and that is the one rewarding feeling that keeps us all going, am I right?  I think YES!To wrap it all up,  

 I've completed a new song that I am calling 'Sand In My boots'.Have you ever gone on the perfect vacation or fallen so deep into an intoxicating fantasy dream type of love that you felt as if you were on vacation and never wanted to return but had to and then you face that inevitable  day-after-christmas-feeling?Well THAT'S what this next tune of mine is about but I have given it a sort of optimistic sprinkle at the end.I mean, after all... don't we all need a little optimistic sprinkle? I know I do!Life is supposed to be fun and invigorating! Not exhausting. I simply feel it shouldn't be 'little work and no play'  but rather  'Lots of play!!'    ;-P
#tobecontinued
Yo


Johanna Winkel

4-20-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment