Friday 29 July 2016

Ottawa's Daryl Bazinet shares some intimate thoughts!


This may be one of my longer posts but facebook asked me what's on my mind so here goes. On my journey through music I have met quite a few people who have offered to help me. Some of them have been amazing. Tina Watkins and Sam Watkins, Kent Pinkerton and Susan Lee Pinkerton, Mark Rosner, James Klym, Donny Sawyer, and Linda Wynkoop. Just to name a few. Not only have they been of great assistance to me and my music but I am blessed to call them my friends. On the flip side o...f that coin, I've met people that are, well 'piranhas' would be a good word. That prey on the independent artist under the illusion that they are only doing what's best for you. Maybe I'm in a minority but I don't make music under any illusion that I'm gonna sell a million albums, sell a million downloads, or become a big star. I do what I do because I love to do it. Making music and sharing it with y'all in the hopes that it can bring someone comfort on some level, or just brighten their day is why I do what I do. If I can make a few bucks at it, great, but making a connection with someone through something I created is priceless. I appreciate each and everyone of you, my fans, and I promise there is lots more music to come from me. I can't wait to share it with you. Sorry for the rant. Just something I felt needed to be said. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment