Saturday 17 December 2016

Jackson Reed-bridging it together


  Well it’s my first blog post, not sure how to start this thing, so I’ll get right into it. 

Back on Sunday, I did some maintenance on my “number 2” guitar, the stratocaster. It’s a cheap one and plays like it, but I think it’s still a quality guitar. It was also the very first electric guitar I owned so it’s special to me. But for years I neglected it a bit. The bridge pickup was getting pushed into the body of the guitar, and the bridge itself was a mess. The whammy bar (or tremolo arm if you prefer that) couldn’t fit in its hole properly anymore. So I opened up the guitar’s innards and adjusted the pickup, then proceeded to remove the bridge, putting in a new one. The returns are definitely great, it’s gonna need to be broken in. The sound is different, but I haven’t heard sound like that in a while, so I’m sure I can get used to the new tone. The new springs for the whammy system are very stiff, but they’ll definitely loosen over time. Overall, it feels good to have my old strat looking good again. After fixing that, I’ve turned my attention to making my first youtube video. It’ll be a cover of the song “Best of Both Worlds” by Van Halen, my favorite Van Halen song. I much prefer the Hagar era of Van Halen over Roth. 5150 and OU812 are two albums I am listening to nonstop right now, especially 5150. It is Van Halen’s best album musically and compositionally in my opinion. Best of Both Worlds is the track that never gets old for me off that album, and I can’t wait to release this video cover of it. When I eventually get a record deal, and go off to make my first hit album, you can bet Best of Both Worlds will be on that.

Jackson Reed

Check me out below:
Twitter
Website
YouTube


No comments:

Post a Comment