Saturday 20 December 2014

Isla's Straightjacket Escape

Isla's Straightjacket Escape

I have been practicing magic for 15 years now and performing for 12. Practice is a major part of performances; I usually practice some form of magic every day.  My daughter Isla is two and has been around both her mom and me while we performed since before she was born! Adreanna remained my "lovely assistant" on stage until she was about 5 months pregnant. When Isla was a month old, she attended our show at the Saskatoon Festival of trees Father Daughter Gala.  One could almost say show business in her blood! She routinely watches us practice and rehearse and pals around with the actors in the improv troupe whenever they come by. (For anyone who doesn't know, our business isn't just about magic. We also feature Off the Cuff, an improv troupe headed by Adreanna.)  Now Isla is at the age where she is amazed when I have something in my hand and suddenly it disappears, so performing magic for her is great.

Last week Isla saw me getting ready for a show, packing my case and making sure I was bringing my straitjacket and not Adreanna's.  Isla was interested and asked if she could put it on, so like any parent wanting to see what would happen I did up the arms and one strap at the top and encouraged her to escape.  I hope you all enjoy her first attempt at an escape! She was great and I was really proud of her effort. Have fun watching!


1 comment:

  1. The magic of Roger Boucher passed down for generations to come

    ReplyDelete